Saturday, August 30, 2008

The Worms Crawl In

While making my lunch salad today, with a strange premonition I decided to wash the, more expensive, pre-washed baby mix. While absent mindedly shaking off the water I spotted a small leggy thing paddle off down the drain. On closer inspection, I found to my surprise that my baby mix packet was crawling with wildlife. I whipped out my hopeless Kodak camera (Woot special) and used its pathetic macro to the fullest. The result is visible above. And there were many more than just this sad pair.

Now the packaging claims "Young Washed Leaves" but clearly the washing was not all that thorough. I can understand that most people enjoy the extra protein and spice in their salad, but I am vegetarian and do not eat things with faces. Most disturbing of all, I ate salad for dinner last night, and do not remember washing the baby mix that came from the same package. Hmmmmm.

2 comments:

Sunshine said...

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW......

Anonymous said...

My mum microwaved a caterpillar once, that was in a cabbage. True story.