Sunday, August 10, 2008

Olympic Ramblings

While lunching with the "kibbutz" (what those that eat at work are called) today we speculated on what events would need to be added to the Olympics in order for Israel to stand a chance for a medal. We feel Israel would be good in the "long distance complaining" although Poland would give us a run for our money. The "200g garinim eating" (sunflower seeds) would also be an outstanding event for Israelis. But, without a doubt where Israel would probably take all three medals would be in the "high level corruption" event.

I looked on with dismay yesterday as each Israeli swimmer managed to come in forth in their heat (both losing by 2 one hundreds of a second). Even the Judoka who looked to be doing nicely lost the bronze medal match and came in forth. All in all I have been enjoying the Olympics, even though before the start I was certain I wouldn't watch a thing. I particularly love all the obscure sports like rowing, archery and sailing. But most of all I like the swimming. There is nothing more spectacular that watching the combination of strength and style. I hope Phelps gets his eight golds, he swims like a fish.

Talking on cellphones, now that would earn Israel a gold, if only it were an Olympic event.

No comments: