Thursday, August 21, 2008

The FIJ Blog Convention

I'm pissed off. Why was I not invited to the First International Jewish Bloggers Convention in Jerusalem? Perhaps my slightly left-leaning, negative, anti religious, secular, cynical, left-leaning (Oops I may have said that already), non-kippah wearing attitude got in the way. One good thing that came of all this is that I found my anti-blog (sort of the good Riker and bad Riker in Star Trek, Next Gen). If you are not diabetic, check out the Good News From Israel blog. Its full of heart-warming "only in Israel" and "welcome home olim" posts. I made the mistake of following the link to the 143 pictures live from the convention. Wow. If my 80% and his Good News From Israel blog were in the same room they would cancel each other out in a sort of matter, anti-matter explosion.

This morning on my way into work, one of the women bloggers brought in from New York (Ester someoneoranother, who writes myurbankvetch) was interviewed on the radio. The only thing she could kvetch about here in Israel is the humidity. Amateur. I thought she was a bit scary, so I looked at her blog and found this picture. Need I say more:What is Bibi Natanyahu pointing at? And why is blogger Ester looking so enraptured? And is Bibi's bodyguard unifying the laws of physics? Man, I need that holiday soon.

2 comments:

Sunshine said...

Don't feel bad. I have a few friends who are "blogging while Jewish" and since they usually use that, not as any meaningful blog topic, but rather as a joke punchline when the situation warrants, I can tell you with certainty, they were not invited either.

Did you have to mention Riker? He was my LEAST favorite TNG character after that stupid chick with the short blonde hair who was only on the first or second season.

blackpetero said...

I just liked the fact that the only difference between the good and bad Riker was a cheesy mustache.