Saturday, August 9, 2008

Real Quiche

Tonight blackwifeo is catering an event for 40 people. Its Tisha Be'av (one of the most solemn days in the Jewish calendar) and her usual god squad team cannot help. So we spent all weekend cutting, dicing, baking and cooking. (OK, I did a fair bit of moaning and complaining). She did an awesome job. Seeing as the gig is at the superintendent of the school, and being on the school board, I will be able to check it out first hand. She made nine quiches, three lasagnas, a slew of starters and deserts. Hopefully there will be some leftovers, although I know how many points each mouthful of these buttery, cheesy delights contains. Check out the dining-room table before she left.
I actually meant to take a picture of the kitchen before I cleaned up. One thing about blackwifeo, while talented, she is an untidy cook. The kitchen looked a bit like Tblisi now that the Russian have invaded. But, she's not just a great cook, behind the table is the portrait of blacksono she painted of an afternoon. As I have often said, if only I had a tenth of her talent.....

3 comments:

Yuval said...

If some get left - please bring it to work with you tomorrow!

oliviao said...

Yummm! Hope we get some on the barge trip! Only 4 weeks to go, YAAAY

Yuval said...

Thanks you very much Joanne and Peter it was great!!!