Sunday, August 3, 2008

Sunglasses on Top of The Head


Last evening we took in the new Batman movie (pretty good actually). While sitting outside the theater waiting for the poor peasants to finish cleaning the chewing gum and popcorm from the floor, I could not help noticing just how many of the mainly male moviegoers wear their sunglasses indoors on the top of their heads. What is this crap? Can someone please explain. Are they trying to show that they have sunglasses, or is it some sort of macho thing I never learned about in male school. The picture above (off some random google search, never seen these two dorks before thankfully) could definitely be in Israel. Most of these sunglasses on the top of head wearers have the shaven head so typical of the North Tel Aviv male populous. I watched carefully and these fools kept their sunglasses on their heads for the whole 3 hour movie.

From time to time I get a potential squint that comes in for an interview with this distressing sunglass habit. A few weeks back I asked one of them, why wear your glasses on your (bald) head inside the building, why not just put them in a glasses case? He looked at me with a shocked expression: "Oh", he said, "That's where they are, I thought I had lost them!". Needless to say we never hired him.

No comments: