Sunday, August 17, 2008

Back To School

Blackchildreno start school tomorrow. I can't say I'm all that sad. Blacksono worked hard here at squint central over the summer. He wrote some code, taught some Rock Band, ate a lot of expensive lunches and earned a not insignificant amount of money. Since he decided to spend the last week of his vacation "relaxing", we have seen him twice. Once I went into his room with a wheelbarrow in order to retrieve the plates, cups and glasses as we had completely run out in the rest of the house. The other time I spotted him he had crept downstairs and was loading up on Instant Ramen Noodles. He's been very much like Lazlo from Real Genius who lived in a cupboard in the dorm room and who would creep out and in at night, leaving one with the feeling you perhaps saw someone flit past, but were not quite sure. Besides the unbelievable mess, he leaves light footprints.

Blackdaughtero had jet lag most of the summer. I would occasionally bump into her and her posse, lounging downstairs (on the old couches) as I left for work in the morning. She would go to sleep around 8am and was never up before six in the evening. After much negotiating (she is ready for the Model UN) she manipulated us into a 2am curfew. But would "sleep at a friend" when she needed to stay out beyond this. We butted heads often. She mostly lost. She had her belly button pierced, gaining permission by first stating she was going to have her tongue studded and then capitulating. Her newest tactic is to get a friend to call me and ask if Blackdaughtero can come out to play. Last night, one of the posse called (using her cell) and politely asked if I would please let her stay out till midnight as they prepared a "surprise" for her as its her last night of freedom. I've seen this chap, he is large and quite hairy, his intentions had better be honorable. And by the way, dude, I am Blackpetero and you had better NEVER call me Blackpeteo again. I have my limits.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your daughter is a genius. Wish I had half her ingeniuty.

Also, tell the son I said hi, should he surface at any point? Thank you :)

blackpetero said...

Hey Scarlet, Nice to hear from you. So you never answered my question of last Tuesday. Did you see Arcade Fire live at Glastonbury 2007 or not?

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I didn't notice the question. Bad me.

I saw Arcade Fire, but only briefly as they were on before someone I actually wanted to see (although, I forget who..) I dont really remember anything about them. All indieguitarbands same pretty much the same for me.

I'm trying to get Mr Eavis to book Trivium to headline next year's festival. Worth a shot, eh?