Friday, August 1, 2008

Tee Hee

Friday morning is my favorite time of the week. There is still a whole day to go before its back to work, and yet things have slowed down enough that it feels like the weekend. Of course, working Sunday through Thursday is an unholy abomination, but you get used to it after eight or so years. As usual I rose early this morning and went for a long walk. I am enjoying "Secret Ingredients" - 24 hours of the best food writing on audiobook from New Yorker Magazine. My back started hurting and after about an hour and a half, I was forced back home. I ate a one point breakfast (salad and salty Bulgarian cheese), I finished the back to Eddie's guitar (pictures on the powguitars website) - now all I need is the label (blackwifeo) and I can close up the body. I then chopped a huge amount of veggies for a salad for dinner, the whole blackgoldsmitho family will be coming over to be wined and dined. But, best of all, I had an 11:30am "Tee Hee".

A Tee Hee nap was defined by blackbrothero many years back. Its one of those naps where you sneak into bed when you could (or should) be doing other stuff. Typically in the morning, often after working out. As you pull the covers up, you cannot help by let out a small exclamation of joy, a "Tee Hee". These stolen minutes (no more than an hour usually) include deliciously deep sleep often accompanied by a little drool on the pillow. I love Friday mornings.

Afterthought: I would like to take a moment to personally thank George W. Bush and his extremely competent government for the $1200 check I received in the mail yesterday. I, having not a cynical bone in my body, fully believe this check, part of his "Economic Stimulus Package", has nothing to do with the upcoming US elections. Please send more.

No comments: