Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Writing On The Walls.

So now, the post that you all have obviously been waiting for:

Blackdaughtero, reporting for duty from my nice corner seat in resource class.

I have had so many ideas about what I should post over the past few days that most of them have just got lost in the world of add which is my mind.

Blackfathero told us to talk about what is 80 % where we live.

Here is the thing.

I’ve never really listened to him before so why start now?

That would be a total waste of nearly 15 years of serious revelations.

I decided to write about my 80% room.

Over the years I have attracted a large amount of collections (mainly of dirt and trash) into my room. However my favorite collection was the writing on the walls.

The story began on a regular day, where I black daughtero had a friend over. This friend was very interested in art and actually sprung my infatuation with graffiti and cartoon art (this like all other things passed with time…).

I had grown out of the pink Barbie stage a few years previously and went down a much darker more…hardcore path. Instead of listening to Britney spears I would listen to Marilyn Manson and Bowie, The Cure, My favorite movie was no longer “Legally Blond” but “The Rocky Horror Picture Show”. I felt like I was being imprisoned in a pink plastic dungeon A.K.A my room.

It drove me crazy.

I spontaneously decided that I would let my friend fulfill her dream, this being to draw in black marker on my wall.

It all began with a moderately large skull.

It was cute, I liked it and it would protect me from all evil would try to enter my head while I slept.

Over the years I have collected an incredibly large amount of graffiti and my room changed from a pink room with some writing to a graphitized room with some pink.

At the beginning the drawings where only supposed to be temporary, and I was aiming to repaint the walls in a dark red color soon after.

This however, did not really happen until a few days ago when I decided that I had had enough of living in chaos and an overload of Pentagrams and Anarchy sign and proffered take a more Gothic approach on my living style.

I picked out a nice dark red burgundy color, and a dark grey brown and good old Franklin the turtle painted it Shorty after.

I got back from school on Friday afternoon; tired, worn out, in pain and utterly oblivious of my surroundings.

I crawled up the stairs, avoided my dreaded schizophrenic cat, and opened to the door to my room……………

I felt my heart fall through my stomach and get entangled in my entrails and I made sure that I did not drop my laptop out of shock.

This was not a Bordo (blood) red room like I had always desired.

It was pink.

I could survive living in a room with a slightly pinkish tint, but this was 80% Fakatza (Fookachia as Blackfathero would say) Pink.

There is nothing I would love to do more then show you exactly what I mean. I actually have may many pictures of my room before the Pink Job.

But I am currently sitting in the resource room, listening to my teacher reading Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein, and enjoying a lightly toasted Pita cheese, 80% as ever!

Its not that we live an 80% life, we just live in an 80% country. Where one can infect someone with a deadly 80% virus, and later that girl will infect 80% of the teenagers in her town. Blackbrothero, I blame you. Half of my town is currently sick with the horrible mysteries illness which Blackbrothero has written about before hand. But like that will stop them from roaming the streets of Raanana after hours.

Even my School, which I really do believe BlackParentso’s are crazy for paying for is 80% if not less. The people are plastic (well most of them at least), the school has a giant campus for less then 500 students. And we pay through or ears. It costs a fortune, and the food there not only make want to pump my stomach after every meal which I eat, but costs about 20 times the amount it would cost in a normal expensive minimart. Today, I am looking forward to a nice evening of MUN (model united numnuts), Complaining about Volleyball practice and how much pain I am in.

I will then proceed to trying not to step on Blacklolao like I do almost every other day.

And Finish the night with adding photos of my room to this post and procrastinating my readings.

This of course, will happen if we do not die from the super collider creating I giant black hole first.

So what is 80 percent in my life?

A better question would be what is not.

Blackdaughtero

NOTE: I will be putting pictures up here later on tonight.

3 comments:

Scarlet said...

Oh dear.

I had a pink room, when I was about 11. I had wallpaper with rainbows and clouds on it. I had it right up until I actually moved out at the age of twenty-something because my parents refused to decorate it, and wouldn't let me do it myself.

I feel your pain.

For me, the way forward was posters. I had so many that at one point it was a bit ridiculous. And occassionally they'd all peel off in the middle of the night and land on top of me.

Wish I'd thought of graffiti...

Marc said...

Sounds like wall painting is the way to go. If anyone is interested in Randy Pausch's book about his Last Lecture (last since he was battling with terminal cancer at the time), he talks about his childhood bedroom wall that he painted with the support of his father but the objections of his mother. The irony is that it became such a personal expression that his mother used to proudly take visitors to see it. I don't know what it was about those earlier generations (including my parents) that made them put such a high value on keeping things pristine clean.

Anyway, I know that blackdaughtero and blacksono have some pretty liberated parents. However, blackfathero also believes that a good education is critical to future success. "good" generally equates to money. My parents also forked up the big bucks to send me to a private catholic school. If only I had been sent to a mediocre public school as well so that I could compare. I will say one thing though, having good teachers is really an inspiration. I used to hate English class and I had bad marks. Then in the last years of high school, I had this incredible teacher he taught me something about the music of literature and writing. I finished high school with 97% in English. So Dylan, if you can forget about the plastic (I'm sure there is at least one or two off-beat's like you that you can click with) and the overpricing (it's not you who is paying) then perhaps it is enough that the teachers are paid better? Generally people who are paid better have more enjoyment doing their job. On the other hand, if no teacher inspires, then maybe its time to do a strike and tell blackfathero that he is wasting his money. Though I guess that you have already done that.

Marc

Scarlet said...

No post today? Has the system failed?