Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Richard Wright

Richard Wright died of cancer yesterday. I don't think there is a single group that features more on the soundtrack of my life than Pink Floyd. I grew up with these guys, they blew me away first time I heard them, and honestly, even thought their music is so overplayed today, they still matter to me. I have claimed over the years that without Roger Waters, Pink Floyd, while a good band, were never again great. Richard Wright was always a quiet member in a group that seemed so much more than the sum of its parts. Certainly these guys were 100%.

The clip below is from the PULSE tour in 2006. Roger Waters is sorely missed, but this clip spotlights Wright's keyboards that are so much part of the distinct Pink Floyd sound. Unfortunately I do not have much time today to research and find a better clip, so please post in a comment if you spot one somewhere.

No comments: