Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I Don't Want To Talk About It !

I know people are just being nice when they ask about the vacation. I just don't want to talk about it yet, the pain is too fresh. Its over. Sigh. Yesterday, I underwent an intense reacclimatization to Israel. We arrived home at 6:30am and by 8am I was on my way through the hellishingly congested streets of Raanana to catch a ride to Jerusalem. Every idiot parent insisted that I reach deep and chop off huge chunks of my recently refilled inner peace, while trying to edge their giant SUVs down narrow streets so their idiot offspring would not need to walk to school. It took 33 minutes to drive about one kilometer. As if this lesson in coming home was not enough, I was promptly packaged off to Jerusalem for a meeting, followed by a trip into the depths of the old city to pick up some gifts, accompanied by the honking and screaming that finding a place to stop and park in Jerusalem always generates - all this is true I swear.

So don't ask me about my vacation. Its over dammit. I knew I was back home when I walked across to go buy some veggies for a lunch salad this morning and a huge truck was blocking the entrance to the supermarket. I politely asked him why he has to park illegally blocking the entrance to the super when there's a whole empty parking lot for him to use. I was thrilled to get my favorite response: "What do you care!!!" Thank you Israel, its so bloody great to be home.

2 comments:

Marc said...

Yep, I can vouch for Peter's mood. I work just down the hall. I could feel the vibrations coming through the wall that we share.

Peter, thanks for the gift, it was very unexpected and perfectly useful.

After Joch commented on my rigid Swiss way of thinking, I spent a day reflecting (taking it way too seriously) and concluded that I was free-loading on your blog. I mean, if I want to throw my frustrations out to the world, I should bloody well get off my sorry arse (why is google unable to spell check this word - ah, because it's in the Aussi dictionary, not the American dictionary?) and have my own blog!

It was a good experience, though, more intense than anticipated and reduced my work productivity a few notches. That's a good thing when you spend most of your time trying to do things perfectly.

So thanks.

Marc

Yuval said...

Welcome back!

Marc - when you start your blog don't forget to send me the url.