Sunday, September 7, 2008

*Cough Cough*

Blacksono here! Today I'm going to talk to you about :


UUrrrgggghhhh. BBbllllaaaauuuuggghhhh. I have just described to you how I felt Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and now, Sunday. It would seem that if anything’s going to be 80% this year, it’s got to be the cold I just got. Honestly, I have never felt so three quarters sick. No lucid dreams and no fever, but my nose still leaks like a faucet and my body wants to hurl. And it just refuses to leave! Fun stuff.


At first, I thought it was just seasonal allergies. I noticed something was off when I stopped being able to focus on the first of this years history essay assignments (Land: The reason America is America). Then I thought I was hungry. After all, just because your nose is running a bit and your stomach hurts a tad doesn’t mean you’re sick.


Things only got bad after school, when all us kewl kids (Ha! Kewl! I'm so rebellious!) went to the weekly MUN meeting (Model disUnited Nations). Suddenly, I was overcome with exhaustion half way though. I could barely keep my head up as some new kid (Death to Freshmen!) droned on about gun control laws in Texan schools (No. Teachers shouldn’t have guns. That’s stupid. They might shoot us. *facepalm*).


After waiting through two hours of presentations on the brink of death (Must. Not. Hurl.), finally I boarded the bus home. Almost immediately, I hop onto my blackcomputero (Yes. It’s a member of the family), intending to kill my brain so I couldn’t feel sick. I had mixed results (I love being in an odd time zone. Just love it).

The next few days followed more or less the exact same pattern. Be sick at school. Come home. Find something to do so I don’t feel sick. For the sake of your sanity, I'm not going to bother writing about them.


In all my time being sick, never have I had such a persistent, yet mild, illness. Its SUNDAY, and I'm still coughing. It’s like the microbes in my system are deliberately keeping me healthy enough so I don’t miss class, yet sick enough so I suffer. My nose runs, my stomach aches, my throat burns, and my sleep suffer, yet there’s no fever. It’s a conspiracy I tell you! Next thing we know, doctors are giving out 80% shots for the 80% cold/flu. Bah. Well, with any luck it will be gone tomorrow.


Ya. Right.

7 comments:

Marc said...

Did you play games while sick? If you say no, I'll have a hard time believing you, no matter how bad you make the illness sound.

Marc

blackpetero said...

Nachasmachine

Anonymous said...

Dear Blacksono,
Excellent post, I laughed aloud.
But what you never mentioned or maybe you just don't realize, is that for some reason, each time blackdado and I go away on vacation, with out ya'll, YOU GET SICK.
Now granted, as annoying as your 80% cold is,at least this time it doesn't sound life threatening.
For example: one time, you got this weird paralysis in your leg,(I kid you all not), another time they nearly had to call the ambulance cause you were running a fever of about 105 and another time you were tottering on the ledge. (have left out various flus, vomiting, food poisoning and other such maladies).
Lest you all think that G.O is always sick, this is not so. Just when we are away. At least we are home 80% of the time.

Jo

Scarlet said...

Aw. Poor thing.

Although the nose/faucet (that's American for 'tap' apparently) thing was something I could have lived without knowing.

If your eyes aren't bleeding, you're still fine to play games. Scientific fact.

Hope you feel better.

John Deuel said...

...and I'm sure I'm not the only one who will not ever forget the first 6 months of this young man's life, eh?

blackpetero said...

Posting from York (much less rain here). While blacksono's (spike in those days) early years were pretty tough, he has grown into someone I am proud to know. He is calm, caring and kind - he got all this from his mother. The misery gene came directly from me (it flows strong in us blackostrinos). You guys certainly helped make those early days easier. Do you remember Clay passing out at his brit?

John Deuel said...

I do remember that, though I must admit that I didn't see him actually faint. You see, I simply wasn't able to watch the proceedings at their most crucial juncture. It seems I'm just not cut out to be a mohel.