Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Wrappers of Japan

We have some Japanese visitors at squint central this week. They brought a gift. The most perfectly wrapped cookie type things, shaped like little chickens and filled with some sort of yellow cream stuff. No one wraps like the Japanese. There is no 80% there. Each one of these little delicacies are wrapped perfectly in folded paper that pops opens with the merest flick.

Needless to say, I did not try these morsels. They're too cute and baby chicken-like and I take my vegetarianism seriously. In exchange I bought our guests a few Crembo to try (Israeli version of what's I believe is called a beehive in the US). They come six in a cheap plastic pack, each one wrapped in silver paper that does not reach all the way round the bottom. I'm not sure they even tasted them.

No comments: