Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Start Up

We play a game around here, it's called "I Have An Idea For A Startup". It's sort of like "Who Want's To Be A Millionaire" except there is absolutely no chance you will win any money at all or be on TV. You are also certain to have a bunch of squints pointing out the lameness of your idea. So what, I say. I have an idea for a startup. Here it is:

I often buy six packs of 1.5 liter bottles of water when I fill up my car. Combining the facts that I walk or bus to work often and the car's a hybrid, this does not happen too often. So when I do fill up the car, I usually buy two six packs. Once opened, they roll around in the trunk (boot) constantly, just like shifting containers in the hold of a ship in a storm. It drives me nuts. No matter how I try convince these bottles to stay put, they break free and bash around at every turn and stop. So, how about a velcro based partitioned box like thing (like the cardboard boxes high end drinks come in with pigeon holes to hold the bottles vertical, they used to deliver milk in these in the old country). This must fold down flat when not in use, so it does not take up space when not needed. I would buy something like that. It's probably a better business than a squint filled graphics software engineering services house.

2 comments:

Yuval said...

As you tell us squints when we come with our startup idea:
"Great idea! - go ahead and do it."

Jozie said...

how about just using a small milk crate? we have a few lying around the house. they do not fold up,sorry, but I suppose you could put other stuff in it when its not being used for the water.