Thursday, January 22, 2009

I'm Leaving On A Jetplane

My neck is stiff. My jaws ache from clenching. I have already had two spats with the loving bwo. I have a headache and feel a tad nauseous. Oh Yes, I'm traveling tomorrow. I like being there, it's the getting there I loathe. My washing is done, my bags are packed and I've online checked in. I've had the hour long conversation with a board member, done my online banking, ran into town to pick up some nuts and charged all phones and ipods. Now all that's left is to sort out my hand luggage and sleep a few hours before heading off to the airport at the god awful time of 4am.

This trip wasn't looking all that grim. Jacky, our CTO, was going to meet me in the Bay Area and we would go together to meet our now and hopefully future customers. I could watch while he did the whole dog and pony show. But, wouldn't you know it, Jacky came down with a swollen leg and his doctors wouldn't let him travel. This all happened today, so I haven't even had a chance to get used to the idea. So I'll be on my own.

A week in the Bay Area can't all be bad, can it? I get to stay with J+D, this is good. I'm off to the Japan Woodworker in Berkeley on Saturday with Greg and Dave. I get to see Mark, Danny, Alex, Alpana, Shawn, Jimmy and other old friends. Then it's off to Texas for the weekend to see my family. It's the long cramped flights, sterile airports, jetlag and the missing of the bfo that I can do without. Well, at least I get to eat at Chipotles.

4 comments:

oliviao said...

Have a good flight and let the pilot do his work - he's had more training than you!! See you next weekend - your room is ready!

Yuval said...

You wont see us for the coming days - that must be a big +

Anonymous said...

Hope the trip there was uneventful and the stay fabulous.

Jozie said...

Hey, Petero- remember there IS ACTUALLY a 10 time difference between Ra'anana and Te Aviv. Lucky that I was awake, doing a QAF marathon when you called at 2 am this morning. Can't wait to read about your trip to Berkley.