Saturday, January 31, 2009

BlackHoustono

She promised me (bwo that is) that there would not be a huge amount of stuff waiting for me when I got to Texas. As is well known by all US mail order houses, Houston is the base camp for all blackfamilyo's US operations. Blacksistero told me last night than she could sense my approaching Texas by the increased frequency of UPS deliveries. I knew at this point I was in trouble. Here are the "just a few little things" that were waiting for me in Houston. (This does not include the shopping list I'm personally expected to buy):

All I am really is just a pack mule. Not shown are the left over potions and lotions from last trip.

I was struck down by a vicious attack of the cold and flu in California, on Thursday. I spent much of the day shaking and shivering in bed. I managed to get up at 3:30am to make my flight to Houston yesterday (Friday) and spent Shabat dinner in the bosom of my family. Here's the Houston family in all its glory.

Unfortunately John is not in this picture because we needed him to be the photographer. It's great to be here. Check out how they (mosty) dressed in black for me.

3 comments:

Jozie said...

Damm, foiled again.

Swear to God that I didn't realize there were so many packages. I don't even remember what is in them.
I totally blame blacknephewo also known as Stevador Bernikis the House Boy, for neglecting to send them to me as they arrived throughout the year. oh well.

ps: love the black clothes, your family are brill. By the way, please don't forget the face serum lovey, ok?

Anonymous said...

This is one of your best posts. Your mom is so cute in this shot and I love the Joanne package thing.

blackpetero said...

Hey BobA. You're becoming a bloggimal. Dude, you are even more binary than me. I see you have been posting more than once a day. I have 1.5 suitcases of Jo's stuff. 1/4 suitcase is my clothes and the rest gifts for Heckle and Jeckle.