Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Nobody Loves Me, Everybody Hates Me I think I'll Eat Some Worms.

I was sitting here at the kitchen table, miserable in the pre-dawn jetlag. I got to thinking about what it is that's pulling me down. It's that dammed google calendar. In my daily life I usually don'y have too many items on my schedule. At most a meeting a day. Sometimes things get hectic and there are arrangements over the weekend and more meetings at work and this tend to stress me out.

I just realized. It's my calendar that makes me crazy. Just sitting here and looking at the stuff I have to do over the next few days is exhausting. I'm off to the city (SF) this morning for a meeting, then a meeting this afternoon, and dinner tonight, early morning call tomorrow, morning meeting, lunch meeting, possible afternoon meeting, dinner tomorrow, a middle-seat 5 hour flight to Houston on Friday, the family, more meetings Monday, and a 20 something hour flight home (with a very stressful one hour connection at Heathrow). Each gray block on my google calendar means more talking, arranging, traveling, driving, note taking and more expectations. I'm pining for empty days with nothing on my head. And now it looks like we will have to chuck our Spring Vacation due to financial concerns.

Don't take any of this seriously, my throat started itching last night and is quite sore this morning. You know how miserable I get when I'm even slightly ill. I'm simply feeling sorry for myself.

Afterthought: This is why America is great. Just check out The Bacon Explosion. Perfect for Superbowl Sunday.

2 comments:

Jozie said...

awwww. there there.

Hey, maybe we will win mifal ha'pais. (it could happen- if we actually bought lottery tickets) :-)

Deb Rox said...

Oh, can I relate to this! Travel bites. But you have to salvage what you can of the spring vacation. Maybe panhandle between meetings in SF? They're pretty nice to the hobos. Try to squeeze that in to your agenda....