Thursday, July 15, 2010

High Fidelity

It's Thursday evening. Fantastic. I did some studying and then looked for some mindless drivel to watch in the usual download place. Then I saw bwo had downloaded "High Fidelity" one of my favorite nostalgic movies of all time. We once had a record shop, quite similar to "Championship Vinyl". I think we did a lot of the 10 best "whatevers" lists in the store (or do I not remember this well at all). This movie has Jack Black at his young best. The book is, in my opinion, Nick Hornby's best. So here I sit watching it again, and still loving it. One of my favorite movies, with one of my favorite lines "Marie De Salle's playing .... I like her she's kind of Sheryl Crowish, crossed with a post-Partridge family, pre LA Law Susan Dey kind of thing, but you know ... um, black". "but it looks as if you're reorganizing your records, um what chronological?", "No", "Not alphabetical?", "Nope", "What then?", "Autobiographical", "No fucken way!"

No comments: