Monday, February 16, 2009

Yo Paul

You know Paul, even though you have been dead probably close to 20 years now, I still think about you all the time. Even more recently. It must be all the Facebook induced nostalgia and the old pictures. I don't think I ever told you, but one moment, while we walked along Wares Road into Linkside to visit the girls at Michelle Miltz's stands out as probably of the best moments of my youth. Nothing unusual really. We walked along next to the golf course in the the dark, must have been a Saturday Night. We sang "While my guitar gently weeps" on the top of our voices. We were totally wired by the fact that we were going to visit the 4 "Collegiate" girls and possibly spend the night slow dancing. We had spent the day playing guitar in my room in Mill Park, me on my Harmony (I still have it), you on your Epiphone, practicing for a folk evening that was going to be held at the Betar Camp Site (we sucked). I remember your dancing walk and your complete optimism, it was going to be a great night (it was). Man, I still miss you. A piece of me is gone forever.

2 comments:

oliviao said...

leelyPaul lives for me every day because I have the 2 beautiful photos he took of my kids. They are in my office and I look at them all the time! I think Edwin was about 3 and my Paul nearly 1!

oliviao said...

OOps, sorry, the first work was the word verification - came out by accident!