Saturday, February 7, 2009

The Cops Came And Shut The Party Down.

The police shut down bdo's party at 2am last night. I am surprised the neighbors waited so long. I can't understand why her people feel its necessary to scream rather than talk to each other. They must be practicing for when they can drive in a year or so. The noise was unbelievable. It wasn't just the music, even though the sounds of Marilyn Manson and Metallica, intermingled with the group singing in Spanish (I have no idea what all that was about) was rather grating. They shouted and screamed and sang all night. Bwo and I were confined to our upstairs bedroom doing all we could to not suffocate on the waves of cigarette smoke (at least that was the only smoke we could smell). Bdo spoke to the cops when they arrived. She said she was in the very process of throwing the rabble out. She was proud that she managed to get away without a fine (I wonder who would have paid it, in the end). Funny, that that was always my job (talking to the cops) when we were young (and dinosaurs roamed the earth). Some things do get passed from father to daughter it seems. Her posse slept over, there were bodies all over the lounge and in her room, but they did clean up very nicely this morning. Are we not just the coolest parents to allow this kind of thing? (It's bwo not me).

I thought I would leave you with a picture of bso's lunch. This is his usual Saturday meal, and what he enjoys cooking the most. Beans mixed with other stuff, on a tortilla. They love burritos, my kids. It' pretty scary looking, but at least it's vegetarian.

No comments: