Friday, February 20, 2009

Friday Night at the Blackfamilyo's

It's our Friday night tonight. This means a lot of cooking and cleaning and organizing. We're pretty good at the cooking part (let's not talk about the cleaning or organizing). I started the day off pretty badly by nearly chopping off a few fingers. This really annoys me, because I am usually careful with sharp tools. The knives here are sharp, as are the guitar making tools, and I can normally keep my fingers out of their way. This morning, while chopping onions, being irritated with bwo because the thin blade to the magimix has "gone missing", I was careless and the knife slipped. This is the result, after the bloody cleanup.
It's going to be a quiche evening. There's a few onion centered creation, a smoked cheese base, topped with fresh tomatoes and basil and one with French caramelized onions. There's a ricotta and mushroom pie, a smoked red pepper quiche and a broccoli souffle. A huge pot of minestrone soup, 2 breads made by bno (country white, a family favorite, and an Italian herb, which appears rather dense). For desert, bwo put together one of her killer chocolate trifles along with fresh strawberries. Here are some pictures in the meanwhile. It all tastes as good a it looks.




The evening was a success. We all overate and enjoyed the wine and a 16 year Lagavulin (not at all peaty for an Islay). It was noisy and the political discussions were kept on safe grounds (blackyanno and I kept out of the way). The clean up has taken much of this lazy Saturday.

3 comments:

Dewi said...

OUCH BPO! Careful there!

Finally I can see the scrumptious creation, wow... they all look so delicious, where's the recipe dear?

Wait, I thought you like a dense bread?
Huge hug to all,

Anonymous said...

Pictures loll half decent; are you using your new camera?

blackpetero said...

Most are taken with the new camera, which we both love. The one of my fingers is taken with the crappy fuji camera. Its nice and small. I wish the new camera had a better manual, I really do not understand half of the features. When we take pictures of people, often one is in focus while the other is not. Hopefully Jo will work it our soon :-)