Monday, February 9, 2009

BlackStalino


Hypothetical soliloquy directed at bdo, who is currently OUT:

I have been called a lot of things in my life, but tonight, my darling, was a first. It all began with you screaming at me on my cell driving home from work, for 10 minutes without a break to even breathe, about how you have no freedom, no liberty. You feel like you are in jail. How unjust, tomorrow is a school holiday (elections). Really, why all the fuss when all you did was sneak out of the house, when you knew you were in trouble for coming home way late last night. And then you decided that you would ignore all calls from me until I sent you a threatening SMS. All I wanted was for you to pay some attention. You are not alone in this family - you have responsibilities to us as well as your friends. Man, it's depressing to be a parent sometimes.

Then to top it all off, on one of your dozen calls home to vent and scream at the unbelievable injustice of insisting you come home to discuss this, you went off about how I was worse than Stalin!!! At least he just killed his enemies, he didn't torture them like your horrible, unfair and inflexible dad. It's difficult to equate missing an evening with your posse with being killed by a Russian dictator, but hey I suppose I should be glad that you learned something in International Relations. I will not be so vindictive as to mention your grade.

And so, you came home. Spent at most half an hour and did the minimum homework allowed by law, and now all is well? Was that so damned hard?

4 comments:

Dewi said...

Oh, you've been tagged by me...

Hi Jozie, nice to see your face here. Very beautiful dear. Hope you really come in summer, be great if Dana and family come too.
Xoxo,
Elra

Dewi said...

Oppps, forgot to ask, did you take that photo with the new camera that you bought in the U.S?

Jozie said...

Hi Elra,
Thanks, but which photo are you talking about?
The one of me and Stevie at the polling station is horrid, but petero insisted on posting it.
Can't wait to see you in the summer.

love
Jo

Dewi said...

Both photos Joz...