Wednesday, February 4, 2009

When the cats away, the mouse can sit on the chair




-An unauthorized bwo post


This is blackpetero’s chair. I gave it to him for his birthday. Even though it’s not black -believe me, I tried- he loves it more than anything. Hmmm.
He sits on it at ALL the time, I swear, working away (watching boring documentaries) and bitching at the kids.
So now that BPO is away in TX and CA, dibs, I can rock, recline and swivel away. Sweet.

Unlike him, I love these trips of his. I really get to chill out. Firstly, I don’t have him on my jugular vein about small things. You know: eating in bed, junk on the bedside tables, "lotions and potions" all over the bathroom. I don’t have to worry about drinking his water (a major offense) and the toothpaste is mine to destroy. There are no rants about the mess or the “missing” phone. The toilet paper lasts more than a day and I don’t have to wash anything black. Oh and I get to sleep in. (Just because the madman usually walks 200 miles to work everyday, does that mean I have to wake up at 5 am too goddammit?) Did I mention that I got to chuck all kinds of crap on the bloody chair for 10 whole days. He would go ballistic if he only knew.

Yes life is so much quieter around here at the moment.
Now don’t get me wrong- Blackpetero is a great guy, the best, but can I help it if he sweats the small stuff? Luckily he hates traveling so much that when he finally gets home, he’s off my back for at least a couple of days.
I miss you babe. See you on the morrow.

2 comments:

SB said...

I believe the proverb you're looking for is:
'When the humans are away the monkeys come in and rearrange the furniture'

Anonymous said...

Classic post, bwo. bpo has his work cut out for him to match this.