Thursday, February 19, 2009

Dust


It's not that one can forget for a moment that we live in a desert. It's bloody hot in summer, it never rains and there are the camels. But, today was something special. A few times a year we get these unbelievable sand storms that make turns the sunlight orange and fills the air with a fine dust that gets in everything. My keyboard is covered with sand. As one of the squints remarked, you may as well smoke, at least the filter will remove some of the sand. The picture above is from the window of my office. It really does not do justice to the weird light outside. It's gray and hazy as if you are looking at everything through a fine screen. It's scheduled to rain later and that turns the dust storm into thick mud that covers everything. And there, you thought we never suffer.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Uugghhh! I experienced just one of those and I never want to see one again. I couldn't believe that it actually rains mud.