Sunday, February 8, 2009

I Don't Like Sundays

Sometimes (often) I wonder about myself. While I was away, all I really wanted was to be at home. Now that I'm back, I'm really miserable and would like to be elsewhere. It seems that I cannot find a perfect place, no matter where I am. I know this does not really make sense, but think I would like to be at home, somewhere else.

Coming back to Israel is a mixed bag. It's wonderful to get home to the bfo and while I'm away I miss them like a amputee misses his legs. But, then the daughter goes out on a Sunday night even though she knows she is supposed to be home by 6p.m. as she has school tomorrow. And there is this miserable election coming up Tuesday. We have the most uninspiring group of convicts to choose from. Bibi and Barak have each had their turn and screwed us royally. Livni's only claim to fame is that she has no experience. Lieberman, (to misquote Molly Ivins his speeches sound much better in the original German), seems to be growing in popularity daily. He is really all we deserve. Where is the leadership? We need a Mandela, but there are never enough to go round unfortunately.

I'm tired of computers. Even though I managed to get www.powguitars.com up and running again last night. Everything to do with technology has been a battle in the house of late. The name server still gets stuck and it can take forever to get responses. Agghhhh. The support guy at Bezeq (Our ISP) has no idea what I am talking about and told me to clear the cache on my Explorer. When I told him I don't use Explorer ,I could image him shrugging his shoulders as he said, we don't support any other browser nor macs nor Linux nor home networks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How I empathize and sympathize. Listen to what you're telling us, your readers. It's so loud and clear even a deaf man can hear. Your battle is nothing new black man--not even to you. The sounds of war are getting louder, the warrior is demanding freedom, and his terms of surrender making sense.

You're ignoring the obvious because you don't want to hear your own truth. Not listening is easier than rocking the too-small boat that's sinking with you in it. Tsk, what would Freud say?

The inner infant (pardon the double metaphor?) is throwing a temper like an infant wanting its diaper changed. So change it already!

Be happy!