Monday, December 21, 2009

Road Trip

This morning we set out early fot Austin, Texas. We went to visit the University of Texas, because there is some chance blacksono will end up being educated there.
Not road trip is complete with out a stop for a "grand slam" breakfast at Denny's. There were huge pancakes, eggs, hashbrowns and one of us needed sausage and bacon - I'll let you guess who.
This is the clock tower at UT. Blackdaughtero was facinated by the fact that some nutter shot up 19 people from the bell tower back in '66. Now she too would like to go there.
We let bdo lose with the camera, and so ended up with about 79 pictures of the big Texas sky. It is big, I tell you.
Then she became fascinated with some of the huge signs all over Texas. It's Christmas here.

I could not believe how many pickup trucks there were on the road. Not believable. I drove my brother's Prius. It made me most nostalgic for the black beauty, pre-Insight. All in all UT looks like a wonderful place. Everyone was most polite and well mannered. I think it would be a great place to go to college. Nice road trip.

1 comment:

oliviao said...

No pics of the Bon Ton bakery and the delicious kolaches blackwifeo brought back for us to nosh on??A Texas tradition!