Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Car Problems

(NOTE: In this post I will use the traditional words I used when growing up, none of this American horn and honking - I will use hooter and hooting - screw the restaurant chain).

I have two serious issues with my new Honda Insight. In general it's not a bad car. As I have said before the mp3 is nice. It does a good job of going from here to there. Firstly, I have no idea how to keep the window demisted without turning on the air conditioner. Back in the old days, before a/c in cars, somehow we were able to drive in winter without the window fogging up immediately. It used to be that blowing warmish air through the demisters onto the windshield would clear the fog. This just does not work any more. If I don't put on the a/c then the windshield just gets foggier and foggier until I need to stick my head out the side window to see. I need help here people.

The bigger issue is the hooter. The Prius had a great hooter. The sound was twice the size of the car. When you hooted at some fool that was blocking the straight lane because they wanted to turn left and were not interested in waiting in line, they really knew it. This Insight has an 80% hooter. It's really for a car that is only around 50% of the size of this car. It is completely namby pamby. A quiet and polite Japanese paarp paaarp. When you hoot people look down for the toy car in the road. Not good at all. I hear that the best hooter is to be found on a Fiat Uno. It's sounds like a semi trailer and more importantly rings DLM directly. If only I had DLM's cell phone number perhaps this pathetic hooter would not bother me so much.

1 comment:

mart said...

You need to install this.