Monday, December 14, 2009

Jenya++

Jenya's latest creation is this "bird's nest atop lamp". Clearly she is not your usual cleaner, and there is a serious Russian artist struggling to get out. The "eggs" are painted ping-pong balls. Look closely, these are not just dotted with a white board marker, but there is a two tone shell-like coating. I think the feather is a particularly nice touch. She told Carmit, "we needz more natuural" around here. Excellence in any form, I say.

Talking about excellence I have to give credit where it is due. The boy got his call up for the IDF a while back. There is an enlistment web site that one can go to and check one's status. Anyway, a letter arrived inviting him for a pre-army driving course. The problem is this falls during the time we are away. Actually he does not really want to be a driver in the army, so I thought I would call and find out what's up. I got through with no problem. The person on the line was extremely polite and efficient. He understood my predicament and immediately transferred me to the correct extension, where another extremely polite and efficient young lady politely explained to me that he does not need to show up and that if he is not interested in becoming a driver she will cancel his invitation. I commented that I was most impressed by the professionalism of their website and call in service, and was told that this is all outsourced - it's clearly not your father's IDF.

Now if only the actual service was this organized - maybe they should outsource the whole dammed army.

No comments: