Thursday, December 24, 2009

Houston Early Morning Day Something Or Another

It's just after 5am here. I not really jet lagging any more, just getting into my usual sleeping pattern of getting up very early. There is a wonderful storm going on outside. The lightening is lighting up the sky as the rain pelts down as it can here in Houston. We are having a great time with the family. We have spent quality time with the nephews and their children and with my mom and siblings. All four of us have been feeling a little poorly, Jo and I have colds, D has a "little white spot on her throat today" and G is just G, and he never felt good in his life.

The girls have been shopping, but I know the real buying bonanza will only come after this Christmas weekend. They have a strict budget, lets hope they can stick to it. I have to say I like it here, even the nauseating Christmas music played everywhere is not getting me down. I have eaten some excellent burritos and very good Indian food. Still haven't had any chips - maybe I can convince them to buy me some when they go off to the supermarket later. Christmas is the only day that most of the shops are closed, so we are laying in supplies for a big Friday night curry fest. While they know how to make excellent bagels (I'm munching on a toasted one now) the red peppers cost $1.50 each - no kidding.

Stay safe all you peeps - and a Merry Christmas for those who care.

No comments: