Tuesday, April 7, 2009

AT Percent Assured



Oh my hat! Pressure like this I haven’t felt since those heady days in the mid 80s (see I’ve hit the magic number already), when BPO and I, aka GBO spent an inordinate amount of time trying to close up a business that came 80% close to bringing us fame and fortune.


Err, let me take 80 steps back.


So, I’m riding my bike home from work, when the weather report decides to finally be accurate and the 80%-chance-of-rain prediction kicks in. In buckets…on my head…thanks a lot. The chances of rain In Los Angeles in April are less than zero. Point is; I’m suffering through the deluge when it hits me like 80% of a ton of bricks. Shite….it’s my frikking day to blog!


I’ve been avoiding blogging like the plague since its inception. The thought terrifies me. How do you do it? What do you say? What if you can’t think of anything? Then what? Huh? Huh? And where is the reminder BPO?! What do you think the likelihood of me remembering my date with destiny is? A lot less than 80% I can assure you. I nearly rode into an electrical pole as I contemplated the disappointment I was causing BPO and his expectant readers.


I arrived home blew a wet kiss to my girls, who seemed somewhat amused at the fact that I was 80% drenched, and proceeded to blog baby blog somewhat secure in the knowledge that while it’s already someone else’s turn to blog on that side of the Atlantic, out here in the west it’s still safely Tuesday, and I can fulfill my duties to 80% of the best of my ability.


And now, it suddenly occurs to me that it’s actually Music Video Tuesday with a whole new set of pressures. There’s a cool band out here called the 88, which is just about 80 after tax, so that’s something to consider. And then there’s Tahiti 80, but I don’t really like them that much. So how to choose something appropriate that’s sufficiently wonderful to pass muster on the 80%-o-meter? Fortunately, I found a kabalah number generator online and after inputting the names of 8,880 artists, I finally hit the jackpot and found one that added up to a beautiful, clean, compliant EIGHTY. Introducing the Polyphonic Spree





2 comments:

blackpetero said...

Lonsky, you rule 100% of the game.

Jozie said...

wow, there must be at least 80 people in that band!! I never realized that the polyphonic spree was so huge.
Hilarious post Lon, pleaseeeeee guest post again. NOW.loved it.
Jo