Thursday, February 25, 2016

The Bus

Most people who have worked for me have heard the "bus speech" more than once. The short version goes something like, "You know, life is like a long bus ride. People get on the bus with you, some people get off. Some ride a long way, some are only on for a few stops, but whether they sit next to you for miles or just stand in the aisles, they all add something to the journey". I have been fortunate in my life to have had some amazing rides with some very special people. Today I had the good fortune of meeting up with some of the Israeli Squints that are and have been on that bus with me.

We had lunch at a pasta place down the road from the Salt Mines. Many of my co-passengers on these bus rides came from all over to share their time. It was great seeing them. They are all doing well in life and work. They are what make this country special to me. I have been very lucky to be able to share my travels with them. (I hope they don't get upset that I posted a picture - we know the camera steals your soul). 

2 comments:

Sagi. said...

Big like, was great meeting you all

Thanks !

oliviao said...

Just caught up on reading all the posts - lovely, welcome back blackpetero!