Thursday, October 28, 2010

Time Flies

I don't know what happened to this week. I had such big plans when it started - I would do all the bills, clean out my closet, spend time on the unfinished and neglected guitars, finish all the reading for my studies, and begin writing a paper on dating domestic buildings. I did none of the above. I made some progress on a few things, but not nearly enough. I don't know where the time went. Now it's Thursday and nearly the weekend and I have still a huge amount to accomplish. I wasted no time watching TV (except last week's Time Team), but I did read some junky novels. Why, Oh why is the time flying by. This is not good.

Saying of the week, by none other than Yaron the Prophet, on my moving to an ajoining cube. "Better a close neighbour than a distant brother". Sounds better in Hebrew (it's from Proverbs 27:10)

טֹ֥וב שָׁכֵ֥ן קָ֝רֹ֗וב מֵאָ֥ח רָחֹֽוק

No comments: