Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I'm Back

Here in the midst of Silicon Valley the internet has been out for the last few days - that's why there been no blogging. I'm staying in Los Altos Hills at J+D who are as ever the most wonderful hosts. Their new house has spectacular grounds complete with rabbits, squirrels and deer (at least that's what I've seen so far), but the internet was flaky. It looks like it's working now so I can catch up on what's going on in the world.

It is always nice to be here. I have visited a lot of old friends and eaten many meals at many different restaurants. I drove past our old house on Olive Street in Sunnyvale and it looks just the same as ever. People have been complaining about the economy and the lack of interesting work, but it none the less seems that good people don't have trouble finding employment.

I arrived back at J+D a few minutes ago after another large dinner and am ready for bed. The jet lag has not been too crippling, although I find it hard to talk coherently by this time of night. So I'm going to bed.

No comments: