Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Sound of Settling

Friends, Romans, Country-men...lend me your ears.
Yup, you guessed it. Blackdaughtero here, for everyone's favorite day of the week!
MUSIC VIDEO TUESDAY!!
(honestly father, couldn't you think of something more catchy...maybe "Music Video Monday" or "You-tube video Tuesday")
This very eve, bdo has taken time out of her busy schedule, to entertain you all for a few short minutes.
I will begin by talking briefly about the process of finding the perfect video for this special night.
Daddy, I would like to say, I have no earthly idea how you can go through this ordeal every single Tuesday. you would think that it would be simple to find a video, but alas, it is a tiring, exhausting and demanding task.
Finding a blog worthy video is very hard, especially with most of the crap music coming out today.

After hours upon hours of slaving over you-tube video and watching pointless videos pile up, I had managed to narrow my choices down to three.

The first song was The Bitter End by Placebo. Everyone knows how much my Father loves placebo, almost as much as he like HIM (note the evident sarcasm). Girlie boys with way too much make up singing about teenage angst and lovers lost. I love this video because it is just so damn cool. I mean come on..they are rocking out on a satellite dish!

The second video was Blue Orchid by The White Stripes. I have to say that I really do love this song. It is catchy, it makes loads of sense (NOT) and the video is awesome.
However after much consulting with Blacksono....well actually Blackbrothero, I had managed to make my decision.

With no further ado


I remember listening to this song as we drove through the Scottish highlands and across various lochs on our quest to spot the lochness monster...we failed.

Death cab for cutie are an amazing band, and their ability to relate to the listeners is outstanding. I am sure that there is not a person on this earth (OK...I might be exaggerated a bit) that would not be able to relate to at least one of their songs.
One of the main reasons I like this video is because it did not make me wonder why I am wasting my time watching it. I do not really like watching videos on you-tube, it bores me. that is why when I found this video, I knew at once that it an amazing candidate for MUSIC VIDEO TUESDAY!

Well I hope you enjoyed my pointless rants about completely disconnected subjects.
Ta Ta my lovelies
BDO


*** Word of The Day: Ostrincized.
Similar to ostracized. This word describes the way you Ostrins might be feeling when the misery gene kicks in at a noisy family dinner.
Credit to SB

3 comments:

SB said...

I always called 'Music Video Tuesday' 'Tunes for Tuesday'.
It's kinda like the 'Two for Tuesday' gimmick you'd get from a classic rock radio station in the US on Tuesdays or the woot.com gimmick of unloading of 2 useless items for one incredibly low price.

blackpetero said...

Tunes for Tuesday it will be then. I like it.

blacksisterio said...

What a great writer you are D.Your blackfathero can be proud!
Lv, gb