Sunday, December 28, 2008

The Honest Tooth

I should probably post about the goings on in Gaza. We sure spoke enough about it at work, happily none of the squints have been called up (yet). Hope it stays that way. But, lets rather talk about my teeth. I'm not prone to toothaches but for the last few weeks I have been getting a pain somewhere in the bottom back left of my jaw. It's particularly noticeable when eating cubed carrots that I liberally chop for my daily salad. It seemed much worse when they are cold and so I started to favor eating on the right side.

I got a bit worried that I may end up with a hugely overdeveloped right jaw muscle and decided it was time to call Cecil (the best dentist this side of the Mason-Dixon line). This was last week some time. The closest convenient appointment was tomorrow. Needless to say, no sooner had I put the phone down than the pain disappeared. Gone, without a trace. I've crunched on ice, eaten five bushels of carrots, bitten into flaming hot potatoes and nothing. So now I have to go to see him tomorrow, and doubtless he will find a gaping hole that needs a truckload of cement to fill. I will not be able to eat on the left for a week. Oh and it will cost a arm leg and liver. The whole tooth thing is overrated.

1 comment:

oliviao said...

Look, bpo, not to show any bias, but my brother needs to go on a trip to South Africa, has to donate to the shul, and probably is building a swimming pool... so give him a break! It costs to go to the best dentist...etc