Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Weight Watchers Part the Second

If its Wednesday it must be Weight Watchers. Both Blackwifeo and I managed to lose a whopping great 1.2 Kilos. I am not sure if that's good or not, but I know I am certainly getting tired of salad. During the meeting every single cell phone of every single women, expect for Blackwifeo and the "leader", rang at least once. I never knew us fat people were so important to the world. We heard "March of the Bumblebee", "Nokia Tune" and twice we were subjected to the theme of "Hawaii Five O". Tell me, why these tacky ringtones and what is so complicated about turning off your phone?

On top of it all, these are all "Anglos", English speakers, who typically never think twice about railing on the locals for their shoddy manners. Luckily for us, the summer camp kids had been bussed off from the adjoining room's "theater camp" to go practice their screaming somewhere else. We learned today about liquids. Each can of beer (330ml) is 2 points so I could have 12 a day, but I was warned, I may just be lacking in protein. In order to drown the mounds of carrots I am to drink two liters of water a day.

Clearly the single biggest weight loss trick is the fanatical writing down of everything you eat. Having my daily list clearly before my eyes certainly shames me into behaving myself. If you are what you eat, I'm currently a cucumber with a spot of Balsamic.

No comments: