Friday, July 4, 2008

The Garden Swing

As I have explained previously blackwifeo feels she had an underprivileged youth. Not only did she never have enough bandaids (plasters we called them back in Africa), but she never had a garden swing. Blackwifeo is a great one for other people's discards, we can't pass any crappy broken old chair or desk lying at the side of the road without bringing it home for nursing. It just so happens at the end of each school year lots of diplomats pack up their things and go elsewhere. And there are always "bargains" to be had. This year we never really ended up with too many discards, but finally she found a garden swing. Yep, a family was going back to the US and they did not want to take their (Taiwanese-made) swing with them.

So in the 100 degree heat this morning, off we went in the "mizbalah" (garbage dump in english - its what her car is named) to pick it up. Luckily I took all the wrenches necessary as it needed to be completely dismantled to fit into the back of the car. When we got home I collapsed on the bed, and had a wonderful nap in the darkened, air conditioned room. Later blacknephewo and I erected the swing. Its on the side of patio, situated close to the wind tunnel that blows a refreshing breeze from the sea.

Not much of a story, I know. But, I'm sitting here rocking gently to-and-fro, the sun is going down, the temperature is bearable, and its not too bad. I am missing my Diet Coke, but the icy grapefruit juice is not horrible. So there you go blackwifeo, why did we wait so long?

No comments: