Thursday, July 10, 2008

Gotta Love It

I was about to post a blog about the problem of eating organic. I just came in from my morning walk and have been listening to "The Omnivore's Dilemma". I am about half way through the 14 hours and so far, both conventional and "industrial organic" foods from the supermarket are bad, bad, bad. I had the post all worked out. I could pose the question "what's a concerned person to do?". Pulling up the lawn to plant organic vegetables wold probably annoy blackwifeo, yet everything you buy in the supermarket is tainted.

But, just as I was tabbing to the blog tab in firefox, my eye caught the following headline in Haaretz, "
Underworld threats drive ex-soccer star Revivo from Israel". This is a must read. Where the hell do we live. Underworld kingpins, mediation between criminals, soccer stars obviously bent. When it comes to corruption and greed we are not 80% at all. The part I like most in the article (besides the everyday tone) is the unique Israeli touch, the kingpin through his lawyers reconsiders and "calls on [Revivo], like every Jew, to stay in his homeland." We want to keep as many criminals in Israel as possible.

No comments: