Saturday, June 14, 2008

I Need a Weekend, Soon.

So I suppose its unreasonable to expect any response to my request for restaurant help. But, Hey! I'm not bitter. I'm exhausted. We had an extremely busy weekend and I need rest. It all started Thursday night, when blackbrianandirito tested my anti-socialness with a spot invitation to BBQ. I took a deep breath and went over, and even enjoyed myself a bit.

Friday we were invited to a neighbor's "passing the bar exam" party, that turned out to be a bar and bat mitzvah as well. It was bloody hot, and was at the Tadmor hotel. It was a little weird, the humus was a bit sticky and I was forced to make conversation with people I don't know. Still thety were all very sweet seemed to appreciate our attendance. Then home for an exhausted drooling-on-pillow nap and off to blackwifeo's family for Friday night dinner. I'll take the fifth, and avoid incriminating myself by a quick "No Comment" on this particular event.

Saturday lunch (after a long walk listening to why I should be happy that I have so much room for personal growth and change by Stephen Covey) was a pool party at the school. Neville, from the school, had invited a whole lot of his South African friends to celebrate something (I never quite understood what, a birthday? anniversary? the arrival of boerewors from SA?) . There was a lot of talk about the "good old days" in Africa. Not that I remember any. Being vegetarian, they almost voted to revoke my ex-SA citizenship. The pool was great and I kind of enjoyed myself. Saturday night we whisked off to Tel Aviv to dinner at new friends blackanatandmikeo, and the best penthouse in the world. I had to work hard to sound intelligent and worthy, but everyone was very nice and both blackwifeo and I had fun. We met some interesting movers and shakers and drank good wine.

I know, I know - it sounds like I had a good time, but its all a facade. I am still as anti-social as ever and all I want to do is just to be left alone. And I'm tired. Luckily I'm back at work and as miserable as ever. Lookout squints, its gonna be a long week!

No comments: