Thursday, December 30, 2010

Productive

I had a productive day today. Most probably because it started at 2:30 am when I bolted out of bed after 2 hours sleep. Sometime jetlag has its uses. I finished sketching the contours in GIS for my stress provoking school project. I also managed to plan out what the next stage needs to be - I wrote an outline and listed the plans I still need to draw up. I then went to work while it was still rather dark outside and built up and installed a new Linux machine as well as started building the Android tree. Had quite a few meetings and discussions - mostly marveling at fact that our ex-president was convicted of sexual harassment and rape, no less. I then came home, unpacked the shed and the camping gear, found the groundsheets. Built the old sun shade, put up the covering for the party (a huge job, thanks to Steve and Gilli for the help) and riveted the legs of the BBQ back in place. I then cut a huge amount of veggie and started putting together the giant pot of minestrone soup for the party. I finally managed to read (and absorb) the Nadav Na'aman paper for class next week. All this while constantly threatening the kids with disownment if they didn't help - of course, they didn't. Now it's only 8:30pm and I'm bone tired. I need a good night's sleep, and hope the jetlag will cower in defeat at my content packed day.

p.s. I just remembered, I also fixed the downstairs cordless phone which had ceased to work while we were away (how surprising). Thanks to google, I found the trick. It needed a complete reboot, which required removing the battery and resetting the handset.

No comments: