Monday, August 30, 2010

Vinegar

I really like Balsamic Vinegar (or Blasmic Vinegar if you go by the Willi-food commercial above). Tonight when making my salad I got to thinking about how this was something we never had when we were growing up. We had that nice brown vinegar that was excellent on chips from Provincial Fisheries, but none of the slightly sweet Balsamic that I love just like that on salad. What can I say, sour has always been my favorite taste.

On further reading I was shocked and horrified to find that I have been settling for second rate "Balsamic Vinegar of Modena" and not the protected "Aceto Balsamico Tradizionale di Modena" (can't use the word "Traditional" unless it really is the real stuff). Now I need to try the original and see what I've been missing. I see on Ebay it costs anywhere from $28 to $168 a bottle. I'm a man with a mission. I'll do my research and report back.

No comments: