Sunday, April 18, 2010

iPhone

I didn't post yesterday but I had good reason. I finally got an iPhone and had to spend the evening playing and configuring. I know I'm very late to the party on this but I am quite impressed. I was happy with my Nokia E71. It did email and was almost usable as far as its awful browser would allow one. It worked well with the bluetooth (bluetoof) hands free in the car and as a tethered modem for my macbook. The iPhone is just in a different class. I think it's all about how clear the fonts are (maybe that because my screen is not scratched yet). Actually all the setup was easy and the mail reader is quite usable (once you get rid of the "sent from my iPhone" signature). Setting up the bluetoof tethering was a hassle as it does not work quite like the other phones I have had, but it seems to be OK now. And, man, Oh man does it have a kick-ass Sudoku game. I like it a lot (not as much as I like bwo, but I'm still getting used it it).

The 80% part of it is to do with Orange, our carrier. I have no Hebrew support, or apps or anything to say the phone is from Orange Israel. Bwo's iPhone came with a bunch of Orange junk, mine is virgin. I'm not complaining at all, just I don't have a GPS app as yet.

No comments: