Friday, November 8, 2013

Raanana

Today I'm back in Israel. I flew out of Heathrow this morning. I lucked into one of the six empty seats on the plane next to me, so I can't complain. I did not have to wait the usual hour at the Hertz counter to get my rental car, although I did throw a bit of a wobbler when none of the four Hertz dudes in the parking lot would note down the damage already present on the huge minivan they gave me. That all sorted, I drove home to Raanana. The house looks better than the last time (I threatened the kids that if I came back this month and the house was not in better shape I was moving them to their grandparents). It was 6 degrees C in London this morning and 28 here in Raanana this afternoon. And boy, is it dusty. I forgot about the dust everywhere and that faint taste of sand in your mouth, everything you touch leaves a gritty feeling on your hands. I am so used to the eternal dampness of England. 

The kids and I went to the family for dinner. It was good, but I was feeling a bit disorientated, I suppose it just felt a little strange to be there without bwo. Probably I'm just tired. It has been a very busy week with an early flight this morning. Well, I plan to sleep in tomorrow.

No comments: