Monday, November 11, 2013

Food

It's all about the food. When you are younger it's all sex and drugs and rock and roll, but now days it's all about the food. As I said a few days back, I never realized just how much I missed the fresh food here in Israel. I have been eating salads and vegetables, humus, tehina and cucumbers. Even the sandwich I had for lunch the other day was packed full of delicious fresh veggies along with baked sweet potato and eggplant. No starchy cheese and pickle, or "cheese and salad" sandwiches - while the cheese is tasty the salad comprises some sad, old, shredded pieces of boring Iceberg lettuce.

Last night I met Yuval for dinner at Etna in Ramat HaSharon. It was fantastic. Antipasti that had real taste, and a simple "Salad Aravi" with Tehina that made me want to sing. Not to mention the fresh bread. I am going to have to do something about my miserable eating habits when I get back to the UK. 

No comments: