Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A Quick Trip to Jerusalem

I motored off to Jerusalem at 5:30am this morning to go visit the dig at Khirbet er-Ras near the biblical zoo in Malcha (we lived near there many moons back).  I have to say the Jerusalem in the early morning is very nice indeed, cool and fresh as opposed to the glasses fogging humidity we have near the coast.  We (Norma and I) never even got lost on the way out, which is a first for me in recent years.  We drove back on the 443 (apartheid road) which was quiet and picturesque.  I got to work at 9:30am after spending the longest time stuck outside the underground parking while the assmunchers trying to use our parking lot illegitimately argued with the attendant.  All in al,l a pleasant morning, which included some archaeological research for my thesis (that's what I call this running around all over the country visiting digs in the early morning). This is the 15th or so dig I have visited since the beginning of the summer.  It is great to go along with Norma as she is a real archaeologist and everyone is happy to give her the time of day.  I just walk around trying to look knowledgeable, nodding a lot and going "ummmm".


I have been collecting lots of information about various recording methods, digital and otherwise.  It has been great fun actually.  There are not many more digs left to see. Yavne Yam on Friday morning (after 9am as they don't want to share their breakfast).


Check out these awesome pictures of clouds, it's well worth the click.

No comments: