Sunday, August 7, 2011

Curry Bunnies


One thing I have missed all these 27 years since I visited the old country are curry bunnies. Curry bunnies were these amazing bread things stuffed with curry.  The best I ever had was from a small Indian grocer in North End near Golden Mile.  I have been trying to figure out how these were made and have yet to come close.  Nevertheless, my version is still pretty good. The original had a much darker and spongier dough and they were rectangular. 


Bwo made curry a few days back and Azziza has yet to throw it out, so it made the perfect filling. I whipped up some bread roll dough in the bread machine. I divided the dough into 16, rolled it flat, spooned some curry into them, then closed them and laid them out on the tray to bake. 25 minutes at 180 degrees C and whalla.  I must say that they are quite delicious.  Bso has eaten four already.  

No comments: