Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Excuses, Excuses

Dear Diary, I am sorry I have been ignoring you recently. It's not for lack of will, but more for lack of time. Things are hectic in my life between my project, classes, school board, and various and sundry distractions and I have had little time, since I need to sleep as well. This appears not to be any different in the near future - it's not that I'm not committed but rather that perhaps I will be in the future (in more ways than one).

It's raining outside, which I usually love, but lately I've had to drive all over the country and the walk from my car to classes at the university (which I will have visited each day this week, including Friday) is sure to get me drenched. I have taken to carrying a brolly around, but it only rains when I leave it in the car, something I have done way too often.

I am done listening to Josephus Flavius' "The Jewish War" and believe me the Jewish people have suffered enough. It's perfect listening for these rainy days. If you ever thought you wanted to live in Roman times, make sure you're not going to be reincarnated as a Jew (especially not a Jew in Jerusalem). If you weren't killed in the siege, and didn't die of starvation, you were either fed to the lions or sold into slavery - there were so many slaves on the market that they were doing a buy one get one free sale.

Anyway Diary, I promise to try be better in the future about keeping you up to date. I'm not slacking off, just chasing my tail.

No comments: