Sunday, July 26, 2009

It's Not Easy Being Green.

Today at lunch Joch reminded me that the "green" sticker had fallen off my Prius. In truth the sticker, in the shape of a green car on the back RHS, didn't so much fall off as shrivel up, turn a moldy black, and roll up and die in the heat. Ahhh, the joy of having a black car. I have no idea of the significance of this sticker, so I thought I would try find out. So I called the Toyota dealer and asked to speak to a Prius expert. I was finally put through to a nice young lady with a Russian accent. She thought I was completely nuts. I explained, somewhat tongue in cheek, that I was worried that my car was no longer green and now that the sticker had fallen off I was concerned it was spewing pollutants into our pristine environment. She patiently assured me that the sticker had nothing to do with the environmental friendliness of the car. I was not sure I believed her, and so I asked for a new one. Oh, and could she please mail it to me. She signed deeply and I could imagine her staring up at the heavens as she once again tried "Sir, the green sticker is just to show the car pollutes less, and we don't sell them individually". Basically it seems a new sticker costs as much as a new car. They just throw the new car in for free when you buy the sticker. Those Japanese cars are just not going to sell, I tell you.

No comments: