Wednesday, July 29, 2009

It's Not All Roses

My nephew Paul's wife Carrie was held up at gunpoint, in the middle of the day, a few days after they moved into their new house in Houston. They took the TVs (they had LCDs), computers, cameras, and new dryer. Luckily no one was hurt, just terrified. Unbelievable. That's the US for you. At least when our stuff was stolen a few months back, the bastards had the decency to break in while no one was home.

And that's not all. Blackdaughtero lost her job. Even though they liked her and were happy with her work, the owner decided she was too young and their insurance didn't cover her. Oh, and blacksono and the girlfriend broke up (yeah, he had one). I think I may be more upset than he is. "It was just not working". And god it's so hot, I just don't have the energy to be witty, alls (don't you hate people who say alls) I want to do is read my bible.

4 comments:

oliviao said...

Read your Bible? I've been wallking around saying "thank G-d, thank G-d" all week - things could have been so much worse - but Carrie's still extremely shocked, poor thing - how terrifying!

Jozie said...

Just Horrid Liv.

But he is not kidding about the bible thing. It's weirding me out.

blackpetero said...

What's wrong with reading the bible? It's got some good stories. Lots of heroes and villains, sex and death. It sort of reads like a waffling version of a Neil Gaiman book. How anyone can take it as the gospel truth is beyond me :-)

Anonymous said...

What a terrifying experience, thanks G-d nobody was hurt.
Thinking of you all and hope Carrie will be strong and get over the shock.
Avril