Saturday, November 27, 2010

Another (not so) Boring Saturday

I am afraid of getting burned out on archaeology. I have been reading, researching, going to class, writing papers and visiting sites. So I've decided to cool it on the sites for a while. I got up this morning and instead of battling to wake the boy and motoring off into the distance, I went for a walk around the neighborhood. Nice and peaceful. The weather is awesome. Not to hot and not too cold. I'm listeing to an audiobook about everyday life in ancient Egypt (more archaeology), really quite interesting. Not much seems to be known about the everyman. Mostly they were peasant farmers, but it seems most of what was written was about nobles, the working classes didn't get a lot of press.

I have had a good day. I cleaned up more paperwork and learned more about mapinfo (a GIS program). I'm going upstairs to shower and then I think I'll read about standing buildings.

No comments: