Thursday, October 2, 2008

Na-Nach-Nachma-Nachman Meuman

I'm finaly back home and sitting in my comfy chair with my laptop on my lap. There is one thing better than flying business class and that is flying any class on an empty plane. Both my flight from Houston to Heathrow and Heathrow to Tel Aviv were probably one third full. First time ever. Once we touched down in Tel Aviv, I was thrust into the wild mess of four charter planes full of Na-Na-Nachmans (an Orthodox sect) returning from a New Years jaunt in Kiev. These guys (all males) go on pilgrimage (called the Rosh Hashana Kibbutz) to Uman in the Ukraine to go pray over Rebbe Nachman's grave. Along with these lunatics, a plane from New York packed with the regular black coat variety of serious orthodox and a plane of backpackers from Bangkok all arrived at once. It was sheer mayhem in the terminal with the Nachmans blowing their shofars, singing and dancing and the rest of us normal people just wanting to get out as quickly as possible and go home. Couldn't ask for a more perfect welcome.

Blackwifeo was there to pick me up. She's looking very sexy in her low cut top and tight white jeans. Its amazing how two weeks away from home can strengthen one's marriage. She even drove me home, and is making us dinner. I have a whole weekend to kick back and relax before work on Sunday. Its time to get back to some serious blogging.

Postscript:Seeing as I missed Music Video Tuesday this week (completely forgot), here is a Na Nach Nachman video. Don't watch this while eating:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh dear,

You've been away from your sexy wife for 2 weeks and all you can think about is blogging????

Jozie said...

er, snogging??? :-)

Anonymous said...

am i the only one who actually envy those Na Nach Nachma... guys ?

sometimes looking at them smiling and happy all the time ... donno sometimes i wish i could believe .

always though true happiness is the ability to be naive .
(poor bpo )